• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Verdigris?

6 posts in this topic

This is the most valuable coin I inherited from my grandmother that got me fascinated and started on coin collecting. Would anyone send this to NCS to remove the spot under the 0 in 1909? The reverse "green" looking stuff within the "S" does not look that green under magnification (it's the camera that seems to magnifiy the green color). Thanks for any help from the experts out there!

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk118/dprice7/IMG_3434.jpg[/img]]1909 S verdigris under the "0"?

IMG_3438.jpg

Looks like verdigris to me, but it's pretty minor. I would try soaking it in distilled water at first.

The coin may grade without conservation. I'd send it to NGC and see if they holder it the way it is. A bodybag is not the end of the world and just tells you conservation is probably needed. This is a key date coin, it's worth a little effort.