• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graded Medals???

4 posts in this topic

Yes, and one day I will get around to submitting my set of 1-3/8" bronze Presidential medals. I think they will grade almost any medal that was produced by the Mint. I said "almost", because there are size limitations that apply. For example, I don't know if they would grade the 3" bronze Presidential medals because of their size. I know for sure that they will not grade my 1876 International Exhibition Award Medal that the Mint produced because it's diameter is 76.3mm and it is 9.9mm thick. That would be one heck of a slab.

Also, they will not grade (some?) foreign medals even though they may have been struck by the (official) mint of that country. I would love to have some of my French medals graded that were struck by the Monnaie de Paris, but when I asked, I was told, "No!"

Chris

give it time

they will wind up grading everything

it was not too long ago that ngc took out full page ads in major coin mags that stated their reasons why they would never grade post 1964 usa coins

Yes, and one day I will get around to submitting my set of 1-3/8" bronze Presidential medals. I think they will grade almost any medal that was produced by the Mint. I said "almost", because there are size limitations that apply. For example, I don't know if they would grade the 3" bronze Presidential medals because of their size. I know for sure that they will not grade my 1876 International Exhibition Award Medal that the Mint produced because it's diameter is 76.3mm and it is 9.9mm thick. That would be one heck of a slab.

Also, they will not grade (some?) foreign medals even though they may have been struck by the (official) mint of that country. I would love to have some of my French medals graded that were struck by the Monnaie de Paris, but when I asked, I was told, "No!"

Chris

I thought that for the really large coins (and medals, tokens, etc.) they put them in multislab size holders.