• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSA Toners

5 posts in this topic

There has been some discussion in other threads about the toning on some of the GSA Morgans. So..........................let's see them!

I just got this last week. 1884-CC NGC MS64 GSA Hoard - VAM3 Unattributed

Chris

66681.jpg.aaf853c2795b90e8884c2e7f47fd06ef.jpg

Given that a large percentage of CC's out there were originally GSA I would think that most CC toners are GSA. One of the things I have never understood is why people will pay more for a CC in an NGC graded GSA holder than for one that is the same grade in a NGC slab. Of course, I'm sure that there are lot's of people that think I'm crazy for collecting what I collect, so it all evens out. :insane:

In any case, that's a fun one, Chris. :applause:

Given that a large percentage of CC's out there were originally GSA I would think that most CC toners are GSA. One of the things I have never understood is why people will pay more for a CC in an NGC graded GSA holder than for one that is the same grade in a NGC slab. Of course, I'm sure that there are lot's of people that think I'm crazy for collecting what I collect, so it all evens out. :insane:

In any case, that's a fun one, Chris. :applause:

I know what you mean. All they get is a worn-out box, a larger piece of plastic and a COA. Besides the additional storage space required, there really is no guarantee that the coin was original to the box and COA.

I got this one and an 1883-CC (same NGC grade) from APMEX for a pretty good price because they were trying to move them from their inventory. The color is a lot more vibrant in-hand, but you should know by now that my photos $uck.

Chris