• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New pickup-first I have owned

20 posts in this topic

This is the first no stars Liberty Seated Half dime that I have ever owned. I know it is not the greatest grade, but it's still kind of cool to finally have one. I've bid on a couple of no stars dimes today but no answer as of yet.

Thanks for looking.

Jim

1837NoStarsLibertySeatedHalfDime.jpg

Are you kidding? I love it!

I spent forever looking for the perfect coin for type for my NGC registry type set.

I got a MS63 once and hated it. I finally ran across this coin!

It is very similar to yours and I love it and have no plans to upgrade it anytime soon, if at all.

The originality on this coin is great, but the damage bothers me.

What are you interpreting as damage? I don't see any damage on this coin! The reverse is worn down to the rims, but I don't think thats damage.

Thanks, gang. I was pretty taken with it regardless of its grade.

Jason, the damage Zach is talking of is on Liberty's arm(I imagine). Not meaning to speak for Zack, of course.

I appreciate everyone's comments and am glad most look at its originality as a definite plus.

Jim

Thanks, gang. I was pretty taken with it regardless of its grade.

Jason, the damage Zach is talking of is on Liberty's arm(I imagine). Not meaning to speak for Zack, of course.

I appreciate everyone's comments and am glad most look at its originality as a definite plus.

Jim

Yes, that, the nicks in the obv field, and the uneven wearing on the reverse.

It still is a beautiful coin, though. :) ...tough to find this original.

Ah, I see. Yeah, she's got a little nick on her arm, but that's not quite serious enough to concern me. And its quite obviously old - something like that gotten on the field of battle (circulation) which is not too serious is just fine with me. Just put a tourniquet on it (hey, seems to work for Congress and the economy).

That's a keeper alright. (thumbs u The no stars Seated Liberty obverse is my favorite variation of that design. :cloud9:

Like little Gobrecht Dollars...

As much as I have admired the gorgeous rainbow toned coins that you guys have been proudly showing (and rightfully so) I still have a soft spot in my heart (or head) for the look of a darkly toned original coin. That 1837 no stars certainly qualifies as really nice in my book.

Ri AL

It looks nice and original. (thumbs u

If you ever start going up the latter to the higher grades, I can tell you that the No Stars dime is FAR harder to find than the No Stars half dime. I think that it is one of the more underrated type coins. When I was making the "first completion" on my type set, I had a hard time locating the No Stars Dime in AU.