• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

These Bust Halves were dug up in my neighbor’s back yard.

21 posts in this topic

I was probably 13 when I picked these up , my guess it was 1970 .

A couple of kids in my neighborhood dug these up in their backyard.

I traded them a bunch of Washington quarters for these Bust Halves.

I probably cleaned them. These carry a lot of sentimental value.

66624.jpg.0a667cccb8c757f99ac38f6a7674ef4e.jpg

66625.jpg.476f5a03013579a6b4e8744dbca0ae3c.jpg

66626.jpg.d95c8d45aa389507e48db171c7671675.jpg

66627.jpg.fe445e8ab78ff7b028390e4fb87c5d78.jpg

My best "digging up" experience is finding 17 cents at a beach with a metal detector. I think you had a better experience. Neat finds!!!

That is pretty cool digging up coins lie that. Far and few between nowadays I'm sure.

They were dug up about 40 years ago .

I seen the date that you found them. I occasionally metal detect myself and I"m lucky to find a wheatie every now and then. I would love to find just one of those detecting.

I grew up in a small town about 30 miles south of Albany New York.I can not remember exactly how the kids found these but I do remember they were dug up in their backyard. There may have been more of them and I only got these 2. As you can see both coins have environmental damage but not that bad considering they were in the ground. When I was a kid I wanted to get a metal detector, 40 years ago they were expensive so my Dad would not let me get one. I would get one now but with my bad back there is no way I could be digging for coins.

My dad is in construction, and so every now and then he finds cool stuff when they dig a foundation. A few years ago they developed an area that used to be a plantation way back in the day, and he found several Barber dimes and a Seated Liberty quarter.

also they remind me of the economite hoard

might this be a mini-economite :cloud9:

or how about this.... since the mohawk valley hoard was found in the northern albany ny area a couple of years ago with many bust halves possibly?? it is part of this hoard?? abet unmarked?????

WOW, way cool...the only thing ever dug up around here was by my wife when she went through an old shoebox and found pictures of my high school sweethearts.

Nice! That 1824 is an O-112 R4 as well.

I was not sure which Overton I had. I like that you think it is a O-112.

Would anyone else care to give an opinion on the Overton Variety of the 1824?

Actually, I believe that the 24 is O-105. The star to dentil relationship is wrong for 112. Also, on 112 the 5 is higher than the 0 on the reverse.

The 35 is O-108.

Nice coins even with the corrosion.