• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Designation Review for 1878 $20 Breen 7270 (double struck reverse) Variety

1 post in this topic

One more question before my next submission…

I have an 1878 $20 graded by NGC as MS60. The coin has strong doubling on the reverse especially on the “TWENTY DOLLARS” and I believe this is the Breen 7270 variety. Images of the holder and a close-up of the lower reverse are shown below.

If possible, I would like to get the variety indicated on the holder -- Breen 7270 Reverse Doubling or whatever the NGC terminology would be. Should I submit the coin for designation review or VarietyPlus? I am not sure which is the correct service or process for resubmitting a previously NGC graded coin so that a lesser known variety can be listed on the holder. Also, will the coin be regarded or just assessed for the variety and re-encapsulated with a new label? Is there any chance the coin will come back with a grade different than MS60?

Thanks again for your help.

Coin_234s9o_m_sm.jpgCoin_234s9r_m_sm.jpg

Coin_234r8-close_a_TWENTY.jpg