• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seeking opinion on Newp: Lincoln 1922 No D -die 3

4 posts in this topic

I just got in the mail today my newp from Ebay. It meets all the criteria for a die 3; L of Liberty butted up against the rim, Second 2 weaker than the first, "Trust" sharper than "In God We", reverse slightly rotated counter clockwise, bottom portion of the O of "One" smooshed out. My only concern is the area where the mint mark would be. Some times after looking at it for too long, you imagine that you see something there, I'm just not sure. I got a pretty good deal on it if its real. I do have a return policy on it should I not feel that it's legit. What do you think??? Thanks for looking.

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

Oh my...an extreemly well circulated 1922-D cent.

If you believe it to be the #3 die marraige, then you have the weak D variety. There was only one variety where the D mint mark was completly eradicated off the the die, the rest showed various stages of weaker and weaker D's.

Hard to just jump and and tell with such a worn state, you need to take this to a collector who specializes in these sort of things.

Good luck.

You are correct, it is a "weak D" type. I hope that you did not pay "22 plain" money for this coin! These are all too often hyped by dealers, but "22 plain" money should only ever be warranted by die pair #2.