• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about a Scarce 1818/7 O-103?

7 posts in this topic

Another new arrival. In an NGC AU-50 holder. Pleasing toning with nice golden luster shining though with darker undertones. Die crack through star 11 and twinkling stars. Lower end of the condition census on this coin with approaches rare in grades of XF 45 and above. I did some research and comparisons to other O-103's and that cheek really tends to wear first and more severely than other parts of the design on either side, so finding a cheek without wear can be extremely expensive. At any rate, I love this coin:

100_1716.jpg

100_1715.jpg

Super looking 1818/7!!

Would it be OK if I asked a question? In the book illustration of 103, the bottom 2 arrows are joined at the points, and the top point is very close. In your photo, the 3 arrows have space between them. Am I just looking too hard?

Hope I'm not being a pain!

RI Al

Super looking 1818/7!!

Would it be OK if I asked a question? In the book illustration of 103, the bottom 2 arrows are joined at the points, and the top point is very close. In your photo, the 3 arrows have space between them. Am I just looking too hard?

Hope I'm not being a pain!

RI Al

I will need to do a little research, but maybe this is an earlier die state and the reverse die has not worn to that point yet, and maybe the majority of survivors have the developed the characteristic that you mention, and this one has not yet.

beautiful coin and a great purchase. now all you have to do is get the small 8 variety :devil:

but yes, you'd have to spend $8,000.00 for an MS 63, in order to find one without wear on the cheek.

beautiful coin and a great purchase. now all you have to do is get the small 8 variety :devil:

but yes, you'd have to spend $8,000.00 for an MS 63, in order to find one without wear on the cheek.

I gots the small 8 variety, in fact I gots 2. :grin: