• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think NGC should Improve their Service ..Your THOUGHTS!

34 posts in this topic

I wish they'd update their registry and keep it up to date, because it's a joke. I'm currently and reluctantly phasing my collection into the PCGS registry :frustrated: Thanks NGC.

Quote:

If it is the small white holder with a number below 1 million I'd send it in again! If the coin is in a newer ANACS holder I wouldn't bother trying to cross the coin.

I wouldn't base my decision on what holder the coin was in. Perceived standards by any given grading company at any given time are completely irrelevant when it comes to individual coins.

Mark, I am right more than I am wrong with those older little white holders. Even if the coin is only graded correctly I like that ANACS holder better than PCGS or NGC holders anyway! The size is what all slabs should be, IMO. The plastic is very clear much clearer than NGC slabs have ever been. Also if I want to bust the coin free it takes just one wack!

As far as the other ANACS holders go their grading is all over the place! I would never buy any ANACS holder that graded MS65 or higher unless the price was closer to MS64!

Quote:

If it is the small white holder with a number below 1 million I'd send it in again! If the coin is in a newer ANACS holder I wouldn't bother trying to cross the coin.

I wouldn't base my decision on what holder the coin was in. Perceived standards by any given grading company at any given time are completely irrelevant when it comes to individual coins.

Mark, I am right more than I am wrong with those older little white holders. Even if the coin is only graded correctly I like that ANACS holder better than PCGS or NGC holders anyway! The size is what all slabs should be, IMO. The plastic is very clear much clearer than NGC slabs have ever been. Also if I want to bust the coin free it takes just one wack!

As far as the other ANACS holders go their grading is all over the place! I would never buy any ANACS holder that graded MS65 or higher unless the price was closer to MS64!

However often you are right is due to the individual coins, not the fact that they were in a particular holder. ;)

Getting back to the initial point, I think it would be helpful for NGC to at least provide their grade for the coin, if not actually call the customer in real time. With that said, PCGS discontinued their program of giving their grade for DNC grossovers on October 1st! :makepoint:

This idea I like.NGC could give a grade that it would have crossed at. You get the grading service you paid for without having to break the original slab and you get to decide whether to re grade at a later date.I know.it's another fee. And why would PCGS discontinue thier similar service?