• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*Blast From The Past!* - Premium Coin List

12 posts in this topic

I like the section on cleaning coins (last page of text) :o

And I wonder if Dr. Swan's Liver and Kidney oil would help clean those coins!! lol

Scott :hi:

On the last page, I really like when they say

"Some idea of value of rare coins can be formed from pencil rubbings, tin foil or sealing wax impressions."

Makes you realize how significant photography is in the coin business, much less digital photography!

In the early years of 1900, Emery May Holden (nee Norweb) studied coins her father Albert Holden collected until his death in 1913. Born November 30, 1895 in Salt Lake City, Nevada, young Emery would take a lead pencil and rub the image of the coin onto a sheet of rice paper. She would attribute them and then her father would grade her studies.

Btw, even my high speed internet connection had problems ingesting this much information.

That's very cool and I really like the way you have taken each page and made it available for study. (thumbs u

Yeah I never heard of that "LARGE PICS" hosting site ...

I wonder, if we would take inflation into account, how those prices would look?

PS... Your epithet "Death to dialupers" is a little extreme but understandable. :grin::baiting:

I wonder, if we would take inflation into account, how those prices would look?

They would be meaningless. The prices shown in booklets like this have NO relationship to what it would have cost you to buy any of the coins listed. You are looking at BUYING prices being offered to the unknowledgable who have no idea what their coins are worth. This is like trying to discus the state of the current coin market based on the lowball offers made to little old ladies by the local B&M dealer with questionable ethics.

Great find! Any idea when this was published? My guess is late 1880's or early 90's Pre-Barber coinage.

I'll take an 1815 CBH for $2.00. For that price might as well throw in the 1838 O Reeded Edge one too.

Given the parameters that the company set out, their prices are really nothing more than guesses.