• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1891 S quarter

6 posts in this topic

Anyone want to take a shot at grading this one? I don't know if you can tell from the photos (please excuse the flash), but the S mintmark I believe to be a Reverse 4-D. (Larry Briggs Liberty Seated Quarters) This "S" is really unusual though. Sorry I can't get a better shot. Thanks!

1891s001-1.jpg

1891s002-1.jpg

Good morning, Guys. Thanks for the replies. I am sorry about the pictures. I'm still learning the ropes...and getting good light without the flash is difficult...especially since my camera keeps getting in the way of the light. Rank amateur here...but slowly improving.

The coin is an NGC 63 and was an E-Bay win a couple of years back. Every now and then, I do get lucky on E-Bay...but you guys have taught me a lot about getting more picky and what to look out for. Great lessons.

6" of rain predictaed for Rhode Island today. Guess I had better go check to see the street drain is not clogged...again.

You need to let one of our forum photo gurus take a pic of that coin for you, Al. I believe that would be a beautiful coin when photo'd nicely. There are many here that could make it shine! Nice coin, can't wait to see it in a different light lol

Jim