• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Apologies to jesbroken (Jim) - 1885-o Morgan Rainbow - MS64*/65*

24 posts in this topic

I think I made an enemy of jesbroken ( Jim ) as I was undecided on what to do with this coin as it is quite striking.

First I had it on Ebay, Jim bid and I cancelled the bid and the auction as I was thinking maybe I should send it in to get graded and encapsulated. It looks to be a 64 or 65 Star.

Now I decided I do not want to spend the money shipping one coin out to NGC/PCGS so it is back for flat sale here in this forum.

$125 SHI Included First PM gets it ...

I would also like to make a public apology to Jim for my indecision on what to do with this coin.

65955.jpg.781625bbb6c859f4503cb906dc9576a2.jpg

You should offer him first dibs, if you haven't already.

I have and suddenly he is not interested - thats why I thought I owed him an apology as I had the feeling he was upset with me ..:(

I have and suddenly he is not interested - thats why I thought I owed him an apology as I had the feeling he was upset with me ..:(

It may be that he thinks $125 is too much for it. Just last week, I won an eBay auction from one of our own, Daniel (DJCoinz), for less than $100. It is an 1885-O, PCGS MS64 with a slight thread of rainbow on the obverse rim and a 35-40% rainbow on the reverse.

I'm sure Daniel had hoped that it would sell for more, but that is the way the ball bounces. Maybe I should send him some more money? lol

Chris

It may be that he thinks $125 is too much for it. Just last week, I won an eBay auction from one of our own, Daniel (DJCoinz), for less than $100. It is an 1885-O, PCGS MS64 with a slight thread of rainbow on the obverse rim and a 35-40% rainbow on the reverse.

I'm sure Daniel had hoped that it would sell for more, but that is the way the ball bounces. Maybe I should send him some more money? lol

Chris

It has been done before by a board member to me on a coin that should have done better - it sold for $100 and he sent me $140 - It always is appreciated and HE will obviously get first dibs on smething of interest for next time that he wants something from me.

Should've made an offer before you put it on the fee'bay, but anyway, I put a bid in.

We'll see if I make it....hope I do, the last I bought from you was far better than expected.

Regards,

Eric

Should've made an offer before you put it on the fee'bay, but anyway, I put a bid in.

We'll see if I make it....hope I do, the last I bought from you was far better than expected.

Regards,

Eric

Yep you should have ... PM me with an offer as I can still end it and save me the final value fees.

Glad you were happy with our last experience with me - I appreciate the kind words

Mike

Man-o-Man

You just made me really made me MAD!!

There you go again and cancel my bid and end the auction early.

I believe that once you decide to sell something and put it on eBay you

shouldn't be able to pull it off on eBay.

Since it seems you like to play these games not just on me but also on other people I will no longer even look at anything that you are selling. There is no sense on getting my hopes up!!

THERE WAS ONLY ONE HIGH BID ON THAT COIN AND HE PURCHASED IT

OUT OF EBAY TO SAVE ME MONEY FROM HAVING TO BE SLAMMED WITH EBAYS FVF.

YOU MAY BE MAD BUT DID YOU REALLY THINK $20.49 WAS GOING TO WIN THAT COIN!

I PAID WAY TOO MUCH FOR A COLLECTION TO HELP A FRIEND, WHICH I AM TRYING TO RECOVER AS MUCH OF THE COST AS QUICKLY AS I CAN ANYWAY I CAN. THIS ONE I WILL NOT APOLOGISE FOR AS THE HIGH BIDDER PURCHASED THE COIN AND WAS PLANNED WITH HIM TO DO SO.

( Jim did not have that option so my apology to him )

me0505( 126) Cancelled: US $101.01

Explanation: The seller ended the listing early and cancelled all bids. Bid: Sep-26-08 20:57:34 PDT

Cancelled: Sep-27-08 08:33:18 PDT

schatzyjr( 2179) Cancelled: US $20.49

Explanation: The seller ended the listing early and cancelled all bids. Bid: Sep-27-08 06:51:28 PDT

Cancelled: Sep-27-08 08:33:18 PDT

Maybe his $20 bid was testing the waters? How do you know he didn't have a $150 snipe bid set? Once you had other bids on the auction (other than me0505), you should have let it run. It's not fair to Schatzy to end the auction abruptly and sell it to Eric.

Maybe his $20 bid was testing the waters? How do you know he didn't have a $150 snipe bid set? Once you had other bids on the auction (other than me0505), you should have let it run. It's not fair to Schatzy to end the auction abruptly and sell it to Eric.

No, as he has bid on quite a few of my items and I know how he bids. Thats why I was kind of yelling at HIM. He had the chance to buy the coin on the first post.

He just wanted to start trouble ...

Eric, I felt had the option to purchase, because he missed the first post of the coin for sale and he said so on this post. When he bid I offered him the coin he accepted at his high bid to save me FEES plain and simple.

IT WAS EVEN PUBLICLY OFFERED TO HIM (eric) IN THIS POST TO MAKE ME AN OFFER TO SAVE ME FEES - SO THE WRITING WAS ON THE WALL HE (Schatzy) JUST REFUSED TO READ IT!

This conversation is over!

One other point -

You will find a LOT of sellers are will be doing sales this way as much as possible BECAUSE of Ebays new ways of screwing sellers with their outrageos FVF fees and all their fees for that matter.

YOU MAY BE MAD BUT DID YOU REALLY THINK $20.49 WAS GOING TO WIN THAT COIN!

No, I didn't think $20.49 was going to win the auction!!

Maybe his $20 bid was testing the waters? How do you know he didn't have a $150 snipe bid set?

This is correct. I use EZsniper for my purchases over $50.00 and I already had a snipe in for the auction for $125.59.

No, as he has bid on quite a few of my items and I know how he bids.

My bidding style has changed. I now use EZsniper so I can win more auctions.

I also work nights so I use the program to bid when I am at work.

I have only been using it for 20 days. I paid for a 30 day account to see if I could win more.

Here is the proof

untitled.jpg

He had the chance to buy the coin on the first post.

I didn't see it right away.....some people don't log onto the boards everyday.

Second it said my apologies to jesbroken...I didn't even realize you were trying to sell anything.

You will find a LOT of sellers are will be doing sales this way as much as possible BECAUSE of Ebays new ways of screwing sellers with their outrageos FVF fees and all their fees for that matter.

Most sellers once there are bids will not end auctions early.

I also think eBay shouldn't even allow you to end the auction early once there are bids.

If eBay just starts seeing a trend they will probably change this also.

I think everyone should step back and take a few deep breaths. Some of you seem to have short memories. Have you forgotten the fundraising efforts and donations that Mike has made for the benefit of others and the good of the hobby? Now, you are slamming him when we all know that he is having some health issues, and money is in short supply.

There have been times, here in the Marketplace, when items were listed for sale and my offers have been rejected. Then, the item goes to eBay and sells for less than my offer. Additionally, on the rare occasion that I have offered some items for sale, here, the same person has wanted to buy it for a much lower price just so it could be sold for a higher price on eBay. (NOTE: I'm not referring to anyone who has responded in this thread, so don't take it personally.)

I can understand if someone wants to purchase an item for their collection, but why should Mike or anyone else take a hit on a price so some other person can reap the rewards? Furthermore, I see nothing wrong with Mike pulling an item from eBay to sell it to one of his (supposed) friends, here. (NOTE: Let's leave Jim out of this issue because Mike has already made a public apology.) As Mike stated, it saves him the FVF, and the buyer is happy with the deal.

More than once, items that I really wanted were pulled from eBay even though I had already bid. If it should happen that you didn't know the seller, how do you react? In all likelihood, you probably just say, "Oh, well!" because there is no point living with the aggravation.

I remember one such instance when an ANA Convention Set that I wanted was pulled after I had already placed a bid, and I was very disappointed. As it turned out, Hayden Tubbs knew that I was after it, and he also knew the seller. So, he arranged to buy it and have the seller send it to me as a gift from Hayden. Then, Hayden fell out of favor, here, for using bad judgement, but I have never forgotten the good that he did for me.

Just recently, I won three Morgans from Daniel. He didn't list them FSH, but he posted a notice that they were on eBay. I placed a Max Bid that I truly expected would not hold up, but I was prepared to increase them if necessary. As it turned out, my original bids held up. If Daniel had listed them FSH before going to eBay, I probably would have made an offer, and if he had rejected those offers or responded with a counteroffer, I would have bought them anyway. The one difference is that I am not buying them to resell. They are for my collection.

Jokingly, I commented that maybe I should send Daniel some more money. I haven't, but Daniel is definitely on my "I OWE YOU A FAVOR" list. It happened that Mike suggested that I should send him more money. I'm not offended by Mike's comment. He was being honest. The fact is that I'm not in the position, financially, right now. The litigation with my ex-siblings over my Mom's home is draining my resources. The three Morgans that I bought from Daniel and two others that are on the way are the first purchases (excluding Mint products) that I have made in several months.

Okay, you have listened to my rant. If anyone says, "What the heck has any of it got to do with the price of oil?", then all I can say is that you are being too unfair and must obviously be squeaky clean and have never made a mistake in your life.. I feel sorry for Jim! I feel sorry for Mike!

Oh bah die! Oh bah dah!

Chris

Mike suggested that I should send him more money. I'm not offended by Mike's comment.

I did not suggest that I was commenting on your joke but in reality I stated a situation where someone did it to me and was in NO WAY a suggestion for you to do it with Daniel - Please reread my post to verify.

Mike suggested that I should send him more money. I'm not offended by Mike's comment.

I did not suggest that I was commenting on your joke but in reality I stated a situation where someone did it to me and was in NO WAY a suggestion for you to do it with Daniel - Please reread my post to verify.

Right! I made the mistake of trying to quote from "old age memory" rather than look it up. Please don't slam me. lol

Chris

Right! I made the mistake of trying to quote from "old age memory" rather than look it up. Please don't slam me. lol

Chris

:headbang: