• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knock, knock knocking...

10 posts in this topic

Two to go... That's how many Frankies I need to get (1960-D and 1961-D) to finish off my toner Frankie set (pre-upgrades) now that I got this 1950-D. 1950 is a very tough year to get decently toned Franklin material, because there were no mint sets made during the year. I wasn't expecting much when I got this one off of fleaBay based on some blurry images. All I could tell was that there appeared to be some red toning about 2 o'clock on the obverse, and maybe some brownish-gold toning on both the obverse and reverse. I was VERY pleasantly surprised when this coin showed up with multiple iridescent colors on both sides. The coin is graded PCGS MS65FBL. The first image was done by Becoka (Ben) and the next 2 were done by Bob Campbell. I think they both did excellent work.

Franklin50D_Ben2.jpg

Franklin50D.jpg

Franklin50DRev.jpg

...Just two to go eh? What's next?? hm

Is that "what's next" within the series or a question as to what series I'm next going to be working on? As to within the series either the '60-D or the '61-D when they pop up. Needless to say, when you've got the Jones as bad as I do then it will be time to upgrade... roughly 6 to 8 coins depending on my mood

Outside the series I've started to collect toned 1946-64 Roosies. Then as far as proof sets goes I'm working on 1893 in ~PR64-5Cameo. As far as mint sets goes I'm working on 1858, 1957 and 1958. Finally, of course, if all else fails there is my Type Set to work on. So I don't see myself stopping (the good Lord willing) anytime soon. :)

Thats a good one - a worthy addition to your amazing set. In your opinion, does this qualify for FBL, or is it just a PCGS FBL? The second set of pictures at least show very weak lines in the top set. This is the one I just bought recently. No rainbows, but I thought it was a cool effect.

65806.jpg.fb6cfa954438e7574797e02c1dc79b63.jpg

65807.jpg.1e9aca4b223a213abeb279d82153bf2f.jpg

Jason, that's a fun looking '50-D! (thumbs u

Regarding the lines on my '50-D. I have not looked at the coin in around 2 months, and it is still at Bob's, but from what I can remember it is a true FBL. I have some other images from Bob that show the lines better, but IMO don't show the colors as well.