• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could this britannia benefit from conservation?

2 posts in this topic

I'd like to know if this britannia would benefit from conservation (it's currently in PCGS MS68 plastic). There are some spotting issues on both sides which I've attempted to photograph. Do you think it would have a good shot at maintaining the grade in an NGC slab afterwards?

I would also like to know if this coin would fall under the modern tier flat rate - I wasn't sure since it's already slabbed.

MODERN TIER $22.50

Submit any uncertified US or World coin struck from 1970 to present. One flat-fee includes conservation at NCS and NGC certification. Following conservation, your coins are transferred to NGC where they are graded and encapsulated in the NGC holder. Please note NGC does not grade coins with detrimental surface conditions. Coins not eligible for NGC grading will receive NCS details grading and encapsulation. Not genuine coins or coins with altered dates or mint marks will be returned uncertified. Special Note: Please submit coins for Modern Tier on a separate submission form.

brit_2007MS68_surface1.jpg

brit_2007MS68_surface2.jpg

brit_2007MS68_surface3.jpg

brit_2007MS68_surface4.jpg

It is difficult to determine for certain from your images. From the appearance of the spots in the images we would likely be able to reduce the appearance of the spots. I am not certain if the spots would disappear completely.

The Modern Special is for coins that have not previously been graded dated 1970 to date. Your coin already in a PCGS holder would not qualify for the Modern Special.

Chris, NCS