• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Starworthy Shield 5c?

14 posts in this topic

I'm certainly willing to give NGC, who has seen it, the benefit of the doubt, rather than trying to second guess them from those images.

(Star) worthy thread? (shrug)

;)

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are

Anything your heart desires will come to you

If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme

When you wish upon a star as dreamers do

(Fate is kind, she brings to those who love

The sweet fulfillment of their secret longing)

Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in and sees you thru

When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true

From this day forward, because of their exceptional aesthetic properties, all NGC-certified Shield nickels will be graced with a star. (thumbs u

:D Good one!

It looks like yet another horrible Heritage picture of what is probably a gorgeous coin.

From this day forward, because of their exceptional aesthetic properties, all NGC-certified Shield nickels will be graced with a star. (thumbs u

:)

Yes James it is another bad image brought to you Hairyrage Auctions...

But!!

Poor imaging can not hid want I consider this holy grail in rayed Shield Nickels; great details! Both sides of this little nugget of nickel has clean, clear, sharp devices. Every star and every ray is nearly complete, no mushy flat devices here or on the obverse, nice shield, all the lines are seperate. :cloud9:

I've haven't filled that slot in my type set waiting to get a proof example, (whick may have gone out of reach in the last couple of years), wanting a well detailed coin. This coin could get me to go for a business strike. It'll be interesting to see what this nickel goes for.

The last Shield Nickel with rays that sharp was this one I was out bid on:

1866, MS63