• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My acquaintance got a holed 1798 dollar at B&M

10 posts in this topic

466584075_60.jpg

Here's the image and he paid a bit short of $10 for it....I wish I were there instead of him doh!

If it's genuine(and I believe there's no reason to question about the authenticity of this coin from the image), it surely is worth more than $10, but we have no idea how much it actually is worth.

Any ideal?

If it is genuine, then that's probably worth a "You Suck" award. Coin Values lists it at $500 in AG-3, allowing for the fact that you can't trust them and its got a hole in it, I would wager a guess somewhere in the $250 range. As for its authenticity, you'll have to wait for someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

I also thought the date was a bit too bold for such a worn coin. Regardless, for $10 I think your friend made a good buy. It will certainly make a good hole filler in a type set.

RI AL

My, that's an awfully strong date for a worn coin.

That's an interesting point hm

Maybe he needs to send it to somewhere(NCS?) for authenticity someday, but I guess he's not in that hurry.

Thanks everyone for the opinion on this coin.