• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Want to find the "great deals" on coins?

7 posts in this topic

I seen this on the web and thought it may help others wanting to find “Good” deals.

This holds true for not only buying coins but also most anything you find of interest.

Ill just post the highlights.

Keep a notepad and a pen handy at all times.

Keep a reasonable amount of cash on you at all times.

Don't get in a desperate debt situation.

Be social.

Establish relationships with many people who share your interests.

Shop at places where extreme bargains can be found.

Have confidence that you can do something challenging.

Know the actual value of lots of items in a particular specialty.

When you need to make a significant purchase, tap your social network instead of buying blindly.

Here's the long and short of it: Build friendships, give freely of yourself, and put yourself in situations where you can take advantage of opportunities. That's what luck is really made of -- putting yourself in positions where opportunities simply pop up instead of just waiting for them to come along.

If you want to see more look here for more in-depth reading on MSN. http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/smartspending/archive/2008/09/12/10-tactics-for-improving-your-luck.aspx

If this mantra works for you, by all means stick to this credo.

I agree with certain points but I have seen so many variables

enter these equations through out the years, you never really

know what is going to transpire in the end.

Still, some good advice for the novice and the seasoned collector.

No to be a (large) killjoy, but I'd suggest trying to find coins you like at fair prices, instead. ;)

No killjoy here. Your comments always live down to my expatations I have grown to look for from you.

;)