• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will you think this coin will cross over to NGC and at What grade.

13 posts in this topic

It looks like a very nice MS65 to me. I like the die cracks!!

I personally dont think smudgy face will grade that high - I could not also afford one in that grade :)

I think it's a 63, but you never know what either of the big 2 would do with that coin. Might even come back as a BB for cleaning. Hard to tell from the obverse photo.

It looks like a very nice MS65 to me. I like the die cracks!!

I personally dont think smudgy face will grade that high - I could not also afford one in that grade :)

You may be right Mike. I haven't hit on these in a while. I still think 63-64 tho'. She doesn't look that bad from what I see.

Hey jgrinz

Everyone who responded when I asked whether to de-slab before submitting said YES. So,that's what I did.All six are at NGC as we speak.It's a real pain doing it one handed though!! Mine weren't in ANACS slabs though. I had a couple PCI ,a couple ACG ,one INS and an unknown CCGS?something like that. Anyway,It's going to be interesting.

So.what's the grade on it now?If it's under 63,might as well try it.

Its in a 62 - ANACS was a little more respected when they issued coins in the older slabs thats why I am uncertain to crack it or not ... a 63 would be nicer I do not think its 64 material - But I do not have it in hand yet ... its headed my way from Hawaii :)

It is a bit hard to grade this coin from the obverse photo because of the angle of the light. The reverse as the look of an MS-62 - slider 58 to me. Given the tighter grading standards that I understand are now in place (because of CAC) I have my doubts that this coin would cross to an NGC MS-62 holder.

If there is rub on the face and on the eagle's breast feathers, there is no way this coin will make to MS-63. It's up to you, but you could end up with a grade as low as AU-58 on this one if you crack it.

I have found that on ANACS holders there is no need to crack them out. Every ANACS coin I send in gets graded and a good many get upgraded by NGC .

Its in an ANACS holder right now - Should I also remove it from the holder or keep it in the ANACS holder ????Thoughts opinions ???

I don't think it will cross at any grade. Send it to me! :devil:

Chris

Its in an ANACS holder right now - Should I also remove it from the holder or keep it in the ANACS holder ????Thoughts opinions ???

Chris

NO

Chris

NO

Scrooge!

Chris

I have sent NGC several coins residing in ANACS (old holder) and they crossed as the same grade. I have also sent in cracked out ANACS coins that upgraded by 1 point. To be honest the crackout game is a shoot!

Dean