• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jefferson Silver Nickels

4 posts in this topic

The 1943/2 overdate was added to the set a while ago. With only a little over 200 certified by NGC, it makes this coin a tough issue for most collectors. I had trouble enough finding a 1945-P, MS65-5FS.

Why is the 43/42 overdate considered part of the this set?

Seems to me it should just be the 11 "normal" business strikes.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

Because some people most likely asked for the coin to be added to the set.

By NGC adding the coin....it will most likely add to more people sending the coin in to get graded.

The 1943/2 overdate was added to the set a while ago. With only a little over 200 certified by NGC, it makes this coin a tough issue for most collectors. I had trouble enough finding a 1945-P, MS65-5FS.

OT3,

That is a serious truth. Four of the top ten war nickel sets do not have the 1943/2 overdate, my set included. I am still waiting for a rainbow toned example to appear on the market. There is a blast white PCGS MS65 example currently listed in the Heritage Long Beach Sale.