• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first Teletrade buy

12 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Thought I'd share my first experience w/ bidding on Teletrade. I bought a 1936 Lynchburg MS65 and comes with a CAC sticker (for what that's worth). It's a pretty coin and I can't wait to get it. The bidding process was quite easy and the tracking feature they have is nice too. The only thing I didn't care for was the 15% buyers fee. I still got the coin at a decent price but it would've been nicer without the fee, of course. Are there ways to avoid the fees? If there isn't it makes me think that eBay may be the way to go for auctions or does Teletrade have a better rep on their inventory?

Does anyone know if I went about this the wrong way? Could I have done it without as much cost?

Sigh it's early... Can't think of what else I want to write so I'll sign off.

As far as figuring my max bid it sounds like we are all on the same page. :)

I will keep my eyes open for sale codes in the future. They probably put them out on occasion just like eBay.

Thanks for feedback all.

I think you bought a very nice coin. When I looked at it, I thought it had clean surfaces without the usual bag marks on the cheek. I also think you will be happy with the luster. I consider the Lynchburg very underrated. Way to go!!!!

Pictures will be up soon!

I agree with you mommam, I think the coin is underrated too. It's just a very good looking designed coin.

Now that I'm amassing some of these commems it's starting to get me excited about the set. I can't wait to finish. lol someday maybe!