• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick question about NGC grading

19 posts in this topic

Call NGC and they should be able to tell you. Or, just wait for the coins to arrive.

Nice help there monkey !

2299185-001 MS 62

2299185-002 Body Bagged STAINED

CERTIFICATION NUMBER LOOK UP

Certification # 2299185-001

Date / Info 1932 D

Denomination 25C

Grade MS 62

NumisMedia Value $1,720.00

1/281 with 430 finer

You might send the 32 S Washington to ANACS and get it graded and slabbed. They may note the stain and they may not. The point is, a 1932 S in MS condition deserves a slab, whether with stain notation or not. JMO

Jim

You might send the 32 S Washington to ANACS and get it graded and slabbed. They may note the stain and they may not. The point is, a 1932 S in MS condition deserves a slab, whether with stain notation or not. JMO

Jim

Can NCS destain or is that beyond even their help

Jim

How do you know it's mint state?

Jim

I would assume as he did ... why waste the money if you did not think it was Mint state.

Jim

I would assume as he did ... why waste the money if you did not think it was Mint state.

It's worth $100+ in just about any condition. Haven't you and many other people submitted coins in that price range for grading? And if so, were you wasting money? :devil:

Per his certification number on NGC's site.

ngccert.jpg

I believe that merely signifies it was submitted and evaluated as a business strike, which in the case of a 1932-S quarter was the only correct option.

The 1932-S is also Mint State. Anyone know any more about "Stained"? The coin is blast white.

I searched all over for Cert Lookup, but couldn't find it. Do you have a link? Thanks for the help guys.

-Paul

I think you have to be a BUYING member of NGC to be able to see the CERTIFICATION at submission time. ANA just gives you the right to submit coins to nGC for certification but NOT have all the privileges of being a buying member HERE ...

No I don't think that it's a waste of money on a $100 coin as if it was slabbed then it's original or at least not harshly cleaned. It's hard to tell, sometimes unless you are up to date on all the various tricks they try.

As far as calling them to see how it will grade, I think that's why they encourage people to submit through a dealer that they trust who will advise them on whether or not to slab it. I don't think that those guys at the lofty level of grader have time to answer phone inquiries.

I would send the stained coin to NCS if the coin was mine.

Although, I did send a nicely toned (I thought) PCGS Buffalo Nickel to NGC to cross and maybe a possible upgrade. Well the coin didn't cross the coin back with a notation "stained"! Then I sent the piece to NCS to remove the stain if possible. NCS sent the coin back without doing a thing to the piece because they didn't want to ruin the toning???

Does anyone know what is the difference in toning and staining??????? I would love to know. It looks like either NGC or NCS doesn't have a clue! IMO.