• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graded World Coins (Great Britain)

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have recently become very interested in collecting coins from the U. K., also, I am interested in purchasing these types of coins that have been graded by either NGC or PGCS.

I have run into a very large brick wall however. I have not been able to find anyone who has information on dealers here in the U. S.

Is there anyone out there that can assist me in these matters?

I need help desperately.

Thank you.

I am not a collector of these coins but compared to many other countries, they seem to be more available than many others. Part of this is because the pricing is stronger but probably also because there have been more collectors of UK and English (but apparently not Scottish) coins than most other countries for a long time.

If you want NGC or PCGS coins, the availability will depend upon what time period and which coins you are trying to buy. I see more of Queen Victoria (my favorite) than any other. But if I were going to collect these coins, I would have to learn the market and I would try to collect them raw first if the spread was large which I do not know.

At public auction, you can try Heritage and Goldberg. For dealers, Northeast Numismatics carries one of the best selections, though I cannot tell you whether their prices are reasonable.

also some of the on-line auctions usually have a few to select from...try Teletrade.com, they have a category called "non-US coins" and also David Lawrence Rare Coins usually has a decnt sized selection of world coins that are already graded/slabbed...Heritage rarely has any and if they do it is usually confined to a special world coin sale..

PS: I almost forgot--Ira and Larry Goldberg carry a large inventory of world coins--most slabbed and maybe check Steinbergs also...

There are plenty around, however learn the differences between English grading and the Sheldon scale

I have a number of coins for sale currently on Oztion an Australian site, but I will ship worldwide to Collectors Society members if they ever need something I have. At the moment I have about 6 GB gold coins for sale, all slabbed by NGC, send me a PM if you want to look at them, they are always better than retail prices. Many I picked up at various auctions and sent them in myself, because they were serious bargains