• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mislabeled coin: How to deal with it?

3 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble finding any clear instructions on the NGC website so I thought I'd ask here. In a recent submission to NGC I got a quarter that is labeled (and entered into the NGC database) as a half dollar. Would I just send the coin back to NGC like I would a submission? Do I need to make an invoice for it? Do I have to mail/direct it to a specific person/department?

Funny thing being, the Quarter got MS66 where the actual half dollar with the same year and MM that got sent in only got a MS65. The Quarter is a better half dollar than the half dollar.

Thanks

Submit it on an invoice and make note of a "mechanical error:" to be corrected.

Edited to add: And I'd specify on the invoice itself, what error needs to be corrected.

I had a couple of coins that were mislabeled in the NGC slab. I gave the coins to them at a FUN show, and they re-holdered them right there. I'm not sure if they will do that now. (shrug)