• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

has this happened to you?

11 posts in this topic

i send alot of 1979 type 2 proof sets in. well i looked and they list all as type 2 but 1. i looked at the set myself and it was in gov packaging. all are open S variety. should i call or would it not make a diff. and has anyone else had a type one squeezed in to a type 2 set.

also they have the 79 rev of 78 and it doesnt show on the ready for grading. does this mean they arent planning on puting the variety on slab.

001 1879 S S$1 n/a n/a n/a n/a

002 1968 S 25C n/a n/a n/a n/a

003 1979 S TYPE 2 $1 n/a n/a n/a n/a

004 1979 S TYPE 2 50C n/a n/a n/a n/a

005 1979 S TYPE 2 25C n/a n/a n/a n/a

006 1979 S TYPE 2 10C n/a n/a n/a n/a

007 1979 S TYPE 2 5C n/a n/a n/a n/a

008 1979 S TYPE 1 1C n/a n/a n/a n/a

is it posable to have a not full t2 set? and i did look before i baught the set and out of 5 t2 1979 sets this is the first time ive seen a t1 in a t2 set. i need feedback before i call angry please.

is it posable to have a not full t2 set?

Sure, in fact it is VERY common to have a mixed set. But normally it is the larger coins that are type I while the rest are type II. They didn't all change over from type I to type II at the same time. The cents changed first and the dollars changed last. It would be very odd to have a Type II dollar and a type I cent.

I have had it often happen where upon receiving coins they get entered into the system wrong but once they get to the end of the process everything is updated correctly.

That said, a call to let them know can't hurt.

thank you all , i guess ive been real lucky at the full t2 sets. it would be the last one i have to send that wasnt full :) it would have been nice to have them multi holdered

i will call and make sure cause the morgan most def needs the variety.

As I said it would be very unusual for the dollar to be type II and cent type I. I'd have them take another look at the cent too. If they got it wrong they can make the change and you can get it multi-holdered.

i realy like mike in recieving! he is just so helpfull and kind. they are adding the vam number ( i had forgot to check the box) and they are changing the 1c to a t2 but it is fully up to the graders on if it is trully a t2. which i know it is. and they will multi if they all grade the same (which they never do )

:)