• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My CAC submissions.

11 posts in this topic

I was looking at the paperwork from my 2 CAC submissions. I thought I would share it if anyone is interested. I submitted 88 coins total. 73 classic commems and 15 other mixed US coins. 48 were PCGS and 40 were NGC. 13 total coins did not get the sticker. 9 PCGS and 4 NGC did not sticker. 63 commems stickered and 10 did not. The mixed coins 12 stickered and 3 did not. I received 1 gold sticker for a 1903 Jefferson PCGS 63 dollar, that I was told, if it was in an MS 64 holder it would still get a gold sticker. That tells me they think it`s an MS 65 coin. I do not think that NGC is better than PCGS, just because twice the number of PCGS coins did not sticker. I feel it`s just the way it went with my coins. I think CAC did a very good job with my coins. I took some grief for saying having John Albanese look at my coins was priceless and I still believe that. But if David Hall or Mark Salzberg looked at my coins that too would be priceless to me!!!!

The gold sticker was all luck. It is my only coin I bought from a Coinworld ad. I don`t know very much about 1903 Jefferson dollars but I liked it alot and wanted one. I saw an ad for a PCGS 63 for $660 a few years ago. I called, bought it and I got very luckey!!!

Very interesting about the 1903 Jefferson dollar! I have probably cataloged forty of these over the past couple of years, and I suspect it is one of the few issues that is undergraded with some frequency. I cataloged a couple or so in the past month or so that I thought were undergraded (both NGC and PCGS).

You must be very good at grading to get such a high rate of CAC stickers.

We want pictures! How about it? At least show us some CAC Classic Commems in NGC PL holders.

I wish I knew more about computers and linking pictures to my posts. My 5 prooflike commems in NGC holders all stickered. They are all 65`s, 1937 S Boone, Roanoke, New Rochelle, Rhode island and a 47 S Booker T. Mozin, you are the prooflike commem man!!!!!

Pics would be very nice. Just go to photobucket.com and setup an account, its free by the way. Then just copy the IMG code, which is below each picture, and paste here!

P.S - When you upload your pics, you can choose what size the images will be. Make sure to use 320 x 240(medium) or 640 x 480(large). Good luck :applause:

Mommam17,

I just scan my coins at 600 dpi, upload them to PhotoBucket, click on IMG, and paste into my CS post. No need for any adjustments in size.

Now, I want to see those star Classic Commemorative PLs.

Sorry, I meant for you to show your NGC PL Classic Commems with CAC stickers, not NGC stars.

It must have been those Fuzzy Navel drinks that caused me to type incorrectly. doh!