• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greysheet and the Sacagawea

9 posts in this topic

Looking at the latest Greysheet, the 2003P, 2003D and the 2006D Sac's have Bid prices of $6.00, $6.00 and $5.50 respectively (based on roll quantity). Accordingly, the rolls would be priced at $150.00 and $137.50. Can anyone tell me why these three issues are priced so much higher than the rest of the uncirculated series?

Chris

i can't see the demand, unless there is some excitement building for the future sacs.

you know, the changed reverses and the addition of edge lettering to the coin. :popcorn:

I don't like the thought of using the edge lettering on the Sac. I think it is sloppy looking on the Prez. So, with that in mind, I just sold all of my Mint-wrapped rolls for $1700, and I will not be ordering any more.

Chris

because somebody said something to somebody and told somebody else and they told somebody else and they though the mintage was low and would speculate on the prices and as we all know a fool and his/her money are soon parted .

the entire sac series and the prices that go along with it are, at least to me, a mystery.... i put $0 into those coins

if anyone can really explain why the 01 pf is $60 i'll give you one

F the S's

A few facts about the 2001-S Sakies

3,184,606 stuck

2,294,909 issued in the clad proof set

889,697 issued in the silver proof set

Speculation loomed as this was the last year, 2001 P & D business strike mintages would be released for general circulation. The 6 year hiatus was broken in 2007 when the Sakies returned for circulation. The values of 2001-S Proofs have risen and fallen but still commands a premium above all others. Some of it is hype, some of it is low mintage numbers and still some of it is as explained above., speculation.

Note: the years 2002 thru 2006 P&D could be purchased in rolls or Mint Bags.

Still, no one has come up with a plausible reason why the 2003 P&D and 2004D business strikes are at $6.00 AND $5.50 Bid in CDN. When I sold mine today to a local dealer, it took him by surprise as well. He had all of his stock for those dates and mintmarks retailing for $3.00.

Chris

Speculation loomed as this was the last year, 2001 P & D business strike mintages would be released for general circulation. The 6 year hiatus was broken in 2007 when the Sakies returned for circulation. The values of 2001-S Proofs have risen and fallen but still commands a premium above all others. Some of it is hype, some of it is low mintage numbers and still some of it is as explained above., speculation.

Note: the years 2002 thru 2006 P&D could be purchased in rolls or Mint Bags.

The 6 year hiatus was not broken in 2007, Sac dollars were not issued for circulation last year or this year (so far). Also the 2007 P&D could also be purchased from the mint in rolls and bags.