• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Acquisitions....and help with a dime!!

10 posts in this topic

Here are some great coins that I got on eBay at great prices.

The first two coins are in the older fat slabs.

I got both of these coins for $24.50 plus shipping.

1943-DA.jpg

1944-DA.jpg

I got the following three coins from a seller that didn't include pictures. (His mistake!!)

1965 SMS MS-68 $32.11 Dark Toning!!

1967SMSA.jpg

1965 SMS MS-68 $14.94 Great Toning!!

1965A.jpg

1967 SMS MS-68 T $14.94

Could anyone please tell me what the "T" means on the slab.

Thanks for any help!!

1967A.jpg

For a limited amount of time around 2000-2001 NGC employed a system where they would add a "T" to designate coins that were toned and they would add a "W" to designate coins that were essentially untoned.

The coin looks white and there is no toning.

That was one of the problems with their system in that there were many coins that were essentially white that popped up in "T" holders while quite a few lightly toned coins were in "W" holders. It was an ill-conceived marketing venture that didn't last long.

The coin looks white and there is no toning.

That was one of the problems with their system in that there were many coins that were essentially white that popped up in "T" holders while quite a few lightly toned coins were in "W" holders. It was an ill-conceived marketing venture that didn't last long.

Thank you for the information!!