• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Sticker Service?

7 posts in this topic

I found the following Ikes with a "DIVA" sticker from something called "The IKE Group."

DIVA ATTRIBUTED 1976-D T1 IKE PCGS MS64 "OK" PEG LEG!

IKE GROUP DIVA ATTRIBUTED 1976 T2 IKE PCGS MS64 PEG LEG

This appears to be a variety attribution service for Eisenhower Dollars. I searched the web for more information on them, but came up empty. Does anyone have more information on this group?

Scott :hi:

I questioned the seller about this and the following was his answer:

Dear jesbroken,

Jim, the "attributors" are four members of the 7 member IKE GROUP. I'm the attributor of the nine items up now. We've been devoted to Ike research and writing for almost 3 years (and of course indidually much lonber than that).

With six peer-reviewed ground-breaking articles on Ikes, we have no peer when it comes to Ike Varieties.

Please check out ikegroup.org (preceed with the usual three w's plus a 'dot'), our new website (still being built but the hot buttons at the top of the home page seem to work OK.

You can print out from the home page (just print out all five pages or pages 3-5) the DIVA Forms which convey a lot of information.

If you want to get a feel for the quality and depth of our research, go to this ANA NUMISMATIST website which has my unabridged article on the Silver Peg Leg Ikes and to my article on a proposed die-clash grading system published on the CONECA web site.

link to NUSMATIST article

.money.org/AM/Flash/NumismatistArticle/71SSilverPegLegFullArticle.pdf

link to CONECA Die Clash Grading System article

(http:) //hermes.csd.net/~coneca/content/TheDieClashGradingSystemHighResMarch32007.pdf

Rob Ezerman

- doctortrader

great, informative post Jim--jesbroken--this thread has actually got me thinking---if we are going to have "stickers" at all, maybe this is the way to go.

with so many nuances for each particular series and dates/mints/strike variences etc within particular series----maybe if a sticker is to truly have meaning, it should come from a group/club/expert on just that one particular series.....

whose opinion would you trust more on Indian and flying eagle cents...CAC/Albanese or Rick Snow who literally wrote the book???

now with the Ike series I'd be more inclined to gather the opinions of these guys than someone who has not done this level of research into this one particular series...

there is a person or two whose opinions on Walking Liberty quality that I value higher than NGC's graders or CAC's graders..