• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1847-C $5 VF-30 question

6 posts in this topic

I don't know much about pricing old southern gold but I saw one for sale for $1950. Is that a fair price or should I attempt to negotiate down some?

Thanks!

Thanks! I've been wanting a southern gold coin for a while but they've been hard to come by (the ones that aren't ugly).

1847-c half eagle

one of the highest mintage and also most common of the charlotte mint half eagles

usually and commonly found in vf-xf

also i think at around the 2000 range it is way overpriced for the typical average solid for the grade vf-30 coin

i suppose if it was really super crusty totally original and AND amazing killer eye appeal and i saw it and it met with my approval with all these qualities just mentioned....................i guess i could see it at around 2000 usd

but ..............................................

in my opinion actually NOT a good value, opportunity coin and definately nothing sexy or historical about this particular date, mintmark and demonination combo.

PASS.................................. (tsk)

Thanks Michael, I appreciate it. The coin looked original enough but didn't have the sparkle eye appeal of a VF30. I'll wait for another to show up.

good idea to wait for something that is pleasing and amazing to your eye and it will be worth the wait but you really got to keep looking

i think most of the fun is in the hunt!!

but even if you cant find something i rather have nothing then be into a crappy coin