• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which would you prefer on your slab?

Green CAC Sticker Vs. NGC star designation   

177 members have voted

1. 1. Green CAC Sticker Vs. NGC star designation

70 posts in this topic

I've seen more consistent high quality on Eagle Eye marked coins than I have seen on CAC marked pieces.

This agrees with my observations.

It's discussions like this that lead me to be very thankful that the majority of my collection is not even in slabs, much less littered with stars and stickers. I don't ever plan to sell those coins in my core collection, so I really could not care less what a "third party" thinks of MY coins.

I can thumb through my albums and enjoy the COINS without being distracted by NOISE.

:)

Kevin, Don't be alarmed. Rick Snow of Eagle Eye Coins Inc. puts an "Eagle Eye" sticker on slabs containing flying eagle and indian head cents which he sells that meet his certain, defined, quality standards.

I have seen very few original, attractive 19th century coins in NGC star holders. I have seen more with CAC stickers. I stand by decision to take the green bean over the star.

Found one in auction right now and I really, really want it. 1896 Barber Half Heritage

lf-1.jpglf2.jpg

:takeit:

Post Auction Buy Price: Only $28,750.

Post Auction Buy Price: Only $28,750.

I was surprised when I saw that the bid on this coin didn't meet the reserve of $25,000. I am glad that I didn't take Mark up on that bet.