• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1834 CBH help please

4 posts in this topic

I have this 1834 CBH that I feel is an O102 LDLL. I just need some verification on the recutting of the date. While the 8 and 4 in the date I have no problem with, I feel the 5 of 50 C. is something more than just a recut. I would appreciate your opinions.

1834BustHalfDollarluster7070-2.jpg

doubled8.jpgdoubled4.jpgdoubled5in50cents2.jpg

I think you have an Overton 101 . The 5 looks to be re cut . Also for the Overton 102 the 3 is entirely re cut . You did not mention that in your post.

You have a 101. On the 102 the I to T relationship on the reverse is different. Also, although not mentioned in Overton the relationship between the stem of the olive branch and the C is totally different.

A couple of reasons I thought this to be an O102 was that the stars are not drawn to the rims and the center dot is visible between crossbars 3 & 4. I had not noticed the difference in the olive stem to the C, which is somewhat definitive. Thanks, OK and Mark. I guess their always is a definite dividing point between Overtons, and our job is to find it within each of the CBH's. So an O-101 it is.

Jim