• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to get a refund from a pulled E-Bay auction?

8 posts in this topic

Good morning, guys.

I received notification today from Pay pal and E-Bay that an auction I won and paid for by PayPal has been pulled. I bought the coin set over a week ago but today I was notified that the auction has been cancelled. Boy...am I confused. Though it was only $57.50, I would like to get refunded. Does anyone know the steps to get a refund through Pay Pal? The e-mail address of the "seller" no longer 'works".

Help! Many thanks. RI Al

You have to file for a refund from PayPal. File the dispute through PayPal and they will eventually refund your money.

Scott :hi:

Thank you, Scott. I am working on it now. Isn't it a bit odd for e-Bay to pull an auction after it has ended and been paid for?

RI AL

If there was a problem with the listing or the user, they will pull the listing. I have had this happen when a seller had "listing violations" in their posting. PayPal eventually refunded my money. But I recall it took a bit more than a week.

Scott :hi:

good luck with that..you may want to check and see if the seller is still a registered user with ebay....also if he is still registered, you can still contact him-he might have mailed the coin anyhow even if ebay pulled the listing in a bulk shut down on him--

I have had that happen to me as well. Don't remember why eBay pulled the auction but the seller shipped me the coin and I got it in a timely manner. Sometimes they pull the auction just because of a rule infraction or they were late paying eBay, or they let their on file credit card expire and eBay pulls all the auctions sometimes including recently ended ones that haven't paid eBay yet. Nothing wrong or crooked about the seller and they honored the auction anyway and eBay didn't get their fees.

Like jackson64 said, check and see if he is still a registered user and see if you can get his contact information. (Since the auction has been pulled they may decide that you are not in a transaction with them and will refuse to provide contact info.)

Good evening, Guys.

I am pleased to report that the Polish ECU coin set that I won (and then e-Bay pulled the auction) arrived in good order today. Nice set. I'm not able to leave positive feedback though because the auction is no longer listed. Oh well...I'm not complaining...at least I don't have to hassle with PayPal for a refund.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

RI AL