• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

continental currency 1776 and justitia libertas 1783

11 posts in this topic

I got these coins from my great grandfather and dont know if they are real. Neither coin has copy written on the edges. lemme know what you think DSCF0335.jpg

DSCF0334.jpg

DSCF0333.jpg

DSCF0331.jpg

if the images dont work just plug them into the address bar but any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

thank u

beau

about the holding the coin, i know i know i am not a coin collector, my ignorance about the coins alone should tell...lol. but i do appreciate all of your imput, thanks for letting me know that they are casts. who knows maybe he has some more that might be worth something. i know he has some gold ones. we'll see if i can get my hands on those. well not hands, we will say just the tips of my fingers on the edges or maybe whole hand in a case. :) thanks again all ya'll were a lot of help.

Interesting that you show these replicas. At the coin show, a lady brought up a board on which eight very similar replicas were taped, and I patiently explained to her that that should have been a clue as to their value :o !

Interesting that you show these replicas. At the coin show, a lady brought up a board on which eight very similar replicas were taped, and I patiently explained to her that that should have been a clue as to their value
I've seen seen tape or evidence of tape that had been removed on valuable/genuine coins too, so shame on you if you were unfairly harsh on her. :devil: