• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

got air?

6 posts in this topic

i'm sure this has been discussed here before but please humor me and give me your thoughts anyway..........ok?

when you are putting coins in your air-tites or 2x2's or coin world slabs or whatever, do you zap the holder and coin with compressed air before inserting it in the holder?

is there a particular brand of canned air that you use, like one that maybe doesn't have moisture in it?

or do you do nothing at all and hope for a contamination free holder? please elaborate and thanks in advance.

steve hm

Yes, mainly to remove dust or other particles from the inside of the holder. I've used a number of brands of compressed air without noticing a difference. On thing that I do is hold the can upright which reduces the moisture output.

Canned air is one of your best friends. Get a couple of fellow collectors together and pick up a case for quantity discount. The brand doesn't really matter, but use the stuff religiously. Just one thing, DO NOT hold the can upside down when you spray!

Canned air is one of your best friends. Get a couple of fellow collectors together and pick up a case for quantity discount. The brand doesn't really matter, but use the stuff religiously. Just one thing, DO NOT hold the can upside down when you spray!

That takes all the fun out of it. My brothers and I used to tip the can upside down and sneak up on each other. Probably not the best idea, but we were kids.