• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 5 NGC foreign coin submissions arrived back today.

9 posts in this topic

Hello, all.

I said I would post the results of my 5 club membership submissions when they arrived. Well, They came to the P.O. Box today (excellent service) and I'm pretty pleased with the results. Now mind you, these are not great treasures, but I did get them all at melt when we were living in Peru between 1975-1979. I am especially pleased with the Chile gold coin. Anyway, here they are and thanks for your interest. Oh, 1 came back in a body bag because of a "planchet flaw". Please excuse large scans, and an occasional cat hair.

RI AL

ngcrev.jpg

ngco001-1.jpg

Thanks, Physics-fan.

I'm pleased with the results. I guess I was hoping that the planchet defect coin would have been worthy of a slab too because it technically isn't "damage", but I understand now why it got BB'd.

Have a good day! RI AL

why did the "planchett flaw" get BB'd ?...I thought that a planchett flaw, lamination problem, clipped, broadstruck, etc...were just errors and got slabbed?..some info would be great..

PS: I also love the 1806 and Chile gold

Jackson-64.

I also thought that a planchet flaw, not being damage per se, would qualify as worthy of a slab. I was a little surprised too but...lesson learned.

I am very pleased with the Chile gold coin grade. It is 1 of 2 in that grade with none higher. I guess that's a new first for me.

Have a terrific day. RI AL