• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I cataloged three CAC coins today.... and all three were nice for the grade

7 posts in this topic

I just wanted to be fair and balance out a previous post in which I emphasized being disappointed with the sticker on a particular coin, at least to the way I understand the intent.

Three out of three CAC-stickered coins I cataloged today were at least solid for the grade, if not a little PQ (but not "spactacular"). Two were in PCGS holders, one in an NGC holder.

Oh no! This proves that PCGS is a better grader than NGC! Just look, they got twice as many good CAC stickers as NGC!

There is no way you could know that unless you took all the NGC coins that were rejected for a CAC sticker and all the Coins that were rejected for a PCGS sticker and compared the numbers.

Oh no! This proves that PCGS is a better grader than NGC! Just look, they got twice as many good CAC stickers as NGC!

No, I think it means that submitters trust the judgement of NGC more than they do PCGS. lol

Chris

if i happen to be buying a coin i like in a pcgs or ngc holder

as it meets my standards

and happens to have a cac sticker

the green bean is only a bonus

and the cac sticker cant hurt the liquidily/resale value of the slabbed coin

weather or not this green bean sticker catches on only time will tell