• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1922 dollar

6 posts in this topic

Would anyone like to take a shot at grading this 1922 dollar? Would appreciate your input. It is a very lustrous piece which is not well captured by the scan. Also, the "cartwheel" effect is very prominent leading me to believe that it is original.

Hard to grade from the scans I know...but how about a "rough guess"? The scuffs on Liberty's chin are on the holder. Thanks

RI AL

1922o.jpg

1922r.jpg

My first reaction was MS64 for the obverse, and 63+ for the reverse, which gives it a 64 overall.

I am liking these coins more and more. I love the design, and some of the ones that I have seen have very frosty surfaces that I find appealing.

Thank you, gentlemen, for your input. With coin in hand, I think it is at least an MS 64 with aspirations for 65. It really is a beautiful, lustrous piece with no significant marks what so ever. I just can't get a good scan of the coin and there are marks on the holder.

I won this coin on an online auction site for $15...I think...interestingly, it is in an ACG holder marked MS 68! Well, I knew full well that THAT was highly unlikely (especially with ACG's reputation) but she is a beauty and I'm thinking of cracking her out and resubmitting when I re-up for the NGC club and get 5 more submissions. It will be interesting to see what NGC says.

Have a good day, everyone.

RI AL