• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Felds "Be Patient" recommendation to buyers pays off ..

22 posts in this topic

I have been waiting patiently AND Impatiently trying to locate the right specimen to complete my 1950 Proof Set so I can Multi Holder it. I refused a few Roosevelt dimes as I did not think they matched up to the grade on the Holder. This coin arrived from Heritage ( I haven't paid for it yet :) ) today and am awe struck by its strike and color.

The torch is indeed a yellow hue ( an olympic omen ) and the trees are actually turning color like in autumn hahahah ... I love this coin ... Your thoughts ...

It was worth the three month wait to find it and it is a top pop at PF68 too

63919.jpg.01c5b919a627a966aa07560c8bcb7ba4.jpg

How do you know if you have found a GREAT dealer, listen to the one that says " don't but that coin, wait for a better one" and I have only met one dealer that has ever done that, who is it you ask, the one, the only, Marl Feld, of course!

Let me ask you how many dealers do you know that turn away business, that try to talk you out of buying a mistake or lesser of a coin? How many dealers have ever told you to be patient, the right one will come along. Not many, I have only met one that will do that. There is absolutely no bs with Mr Feld.

Respectively,

ReALone

Mike, I'm glad things worked out for you, and thanks for the tip of your hat regarding my preaching patience. That coin looks pretty darned good, too, especially considering it's a Roosie. ;)

Realone/Alan - thanks to you also. But - and you know from experience, with me there is often a "but" - there are a good number of other dealers I know who will also steer clients away from coins which are not well suited for their collecting interests.

To everyone - there are lots of coins out there, and in most cases, they are not irreplaceable. So, particularly for the ones that you're likely to find other examples of without too terribly long of a wait, be picky and make sure that what you buy, pleases you.

BTW to the proud winner of the Blue Haired Elderly Man pictured on the coin, for the first time I have to comment the blue is exactly in the humanly appropriate place, his hair coloring, the only problem is that you normally see that on or with elderly gals.

How do you know if you have found a GREAT dealer, listen to the one that says " don't but that coin, wait for a better one" and I have only met one dealer that has ever done that, who is it you ask, the one, the only, Marl Feld, of course!

Let me ask you how many dealers do you know that turn away business, that try to talk you out of buying a mistake or lesser of a coin? How many dealers have ever told you to be patient, the right one will come along. Not many, I have only met one that will do that. There is absolutely no bs with Mr Feld.

Respectively,

ReALone

You can say that again. Mark really goes out of his way to help people. At first he didn't want to sell me a coin I really wanted from him, and yet he wouldn't sell it to me when he could've made MONEY selling it saying that he didn't want me to worry about it. He puts other people BEFORE him, and if that's not saying alot, I don't know what is. After I traded him one of my double eagles and paid the remainder with cash, to my surprise, he offered to reimburse me for the difference as he sold the double eagle for a profit . This was totally unexpected (and I hope he doesn't mind me making this public, because I feel it should be noted because it goes to show how one can go FAR and BEYOND what is the norm)Thank you mark. Mark feld, you are the best!

Patience is great. But three months? That's hardly any time at all. I've waited years, or even decades for some coins in my collection.

AS MArk Said it was only a Roosie after all :)

The darned 1950 proof dime is much underrated in my opinion! About a year ago, I literally spent fruitless months trying to find just the right coin for a client. Since then, I have been buying every one I come across, regardless of grade, as I believe the issue to be a sleeper.

I like your coin very much!

Congrats on the wonderful pickup! I am trying to preach patience to myself as well. There are several busties that I am on the lookout for, and I am trying not to jump the gun just for the sake of filling a hole. Patience has paid off for me thus far with some great coins.

The darned 1950 proof dime is much underrated in my opinion! About a year ago, I literally spent fruitless months trying to find just the right coin for a client. Since then, I have been buying every one I come across, regardless of grade, as I believe the issue to be a sleeper.

I like your coin very much!

I can appreciate your frustration as people say " Its only a 1950 Proof Dime" But try and find one ...

Very handsome indeed!! I bet it will be the star of your set!

RI AL

It will be along with the Lincoln I got from ANT ( Thanks again ANT ! )1C PF 66* RDC NGC 2526734-001 5C PF 66 NGC 1748190-075 10C PF 68 NGC 1750201-009 25C PF 66 NGC 1634544-006 50C PF 66 NGC 2251477-010

Very nice pick-up, I am sure it will make an excellent addition to your collection.

I agree that patience is smart when buying, but I have found many of the carson type coins fairly quickly. Probably will upgrade along the way...but the last one, an 1879 CC in a nice eye appeal XF-AU is nearly impossible to find. I figured the 1889 would be the toughest, but found a really nice XF40 after very little searching.

If this one takes months, then so be it.