• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KUDOS TO DAVID LANGE!

3 posts in this topic

In April, 2005, David posted a photo of the 1990 "Earthquake" medal that he designed for the Liberty Numismatic Society of San Mateo, CA. His initials can be seen on the left side of the tower above the clock. At that time, I told him that if he ever found another one available to let me know. About three weeks ago, I received a PM from David informing me that he was able to acquire one, and he wanted to know if I was still interested in it. Of course, I was eager to accept. It was quite a pleasant surprise for me that he still remembered my interest more than three years later since we had never discussed it again. I owe you one, David! Thank you very much!

I'm not a big time dealer. I'm not a big time collector. Heck, I don't even submit that many coins every year, but to me, David is the epitomy of what I believe NGC is all about. It is people like David, Mark, Scott, Dena, Lisa, Patrick, etc. who try to go out of their way to make the customer experience as pleasant as possible. This is why NGC is my TPGS of choice.

The medal, itself, is a proof in .999 Fine silver. It is numbered (#88) on the reeded edge and only 100 were struck. The reeded edge is a bonus for me since I have very few medals in my collection with a reeded edge. Also struck, were 100 golden bronze and 100 antique bronze medals. I hope that one day, I will be able to acquire one of each of these.

Please forgive me for my lousy photos. My vision seems to be getting worse.

Chris

63764.jpg.4d5640c45b8534b8dda6b2b1e29614f4.jpg

63765.jpg.e098d530b87155de0526ad861b2fb39a.jpg

63766.jpg.8c134a0371cd327c528c57a63ad03621.jpg

NGC has definetly hired some very talented individuals...and as we now see from the Chinese, 8's are a very lucky number and you have a double 8'ed serial number!

Does that have FBL's?