• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's time for a new game!

21 posts in this topic

To win the game, you must correctly identify the object from the photo.

To make the game fair for the newer members, the object was mentioned in a thread in 2005.

Answers must be posted to this thread. Do not send a PM.

The first person to correctly identify the object will receive a 2007P Sacagawea $ Business Strike, NGC MS67.

Good luck!

Chris

63625.jpg.1663b5888ad5d661c96da88877ba4cbc.jpg

The cheek on one of your so called DMPL Morgans (shrug)

So-Called??!! So-Called??!! Do you question my veracity?

I take it that it means you haven't the slightest idea what the object could be. lol

Chris

The cheek on one of your so called DMPL Morgans (shrug)

So-Called??!! So-Called??!! Do you question my veracity?

I take it that it means you haven't the slightest idea what the object could be. lol

Chris

Exactly lol lol lol

Looks like a silver monogrammed liquor bottle tag…like the kind you hang over the neck?

Woody, isn't that supposed to be "hangover" your neck?

Chris

counterfeiting mark used in the mid 1950s DWL

lol lol lol lol lol

C'mon, is that the best you guys can come up with?

Chris

counterfeiting mark used in the mid 1950s DWL

lol lol lol lol lol

C'mon, is that the best you guys can come up with?

Chris

quake.jpg

Ok then, it's DW Lange's medalion.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner!

Woody, I'm going to post more information about this medal when I get home from work in the AM. In the meantime, send me a PM (pun intended) with your address so I can get the Sac in the mail.

Congratulations!

Chris

Woody?

Do I get half that Sac?

Did my DWL help?

If so i want the front half. :D

I already seen the initials when I wrote this post previous to yours ~Looks like a silver monogrammed liquor bottle tag~ so no, you do not get to share in the Sackie...however, when Chris sends it to me, I will send you a picture of it. :grin:

Chris and Woody,

I still do not get it, either I am very slow or perhaps the Friday Happy Hour is inhibiting my thought process. Please explain.

Thanks,

Rey

Rey, first Jeff posted that it may be a counterfeiting mark from the "50's DWL". Then Woody posted that it may be one of those medallions that you see occasionally hanging aroung the neck of a liquor bottle.

When Woody finally came up with the correct answer, Jeff suggested that he helped by listing the initials "DWL", thereby, giving Woody what he needed to find the correct answer.

What I find funny is that Jeff's counterfeiting comment could be construed as a suggestion that, maybe, David Lange was a counterfeiter in the 50's. lol Heck, I don't even think he was born yet.

Chris

I'm at a disadvantage. To me DWL is Denis Loring. :)

Was Denis Loring known to post on these boards in 2005? (shrug)

Chris

sakie.jpg

My winning guess Sacagawea dollar arrived safe and sound today and I wanted to thank Chris publicly

and to tell him this is a very nice NGC MS 67 that I will treasure for a long time.

A very handsome coin indeed!

eat your heart out guys!

Thanks