• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1837 half dime

14 posts in this topic

I especially like the obverse. If the reverse was the same then I would have purchased it my darn self.

But, this is a very nice example. I searched for months to find a nice example and always struck out unless it was a $3500 coin. So, I got me a nice crusty, original F15 for my type set.

Your's would fit in most collections. (thumbs u

Thanks everyone! It's a PCGS AU-53 and it has a decent amount of luster left, too. The reverse has more, which you can see in the pics, but the obverse has some light luster in protected areas.

I'm with Vic, I really like the obverse tone but the reverse is neutral for me. I have two of these, both small dates like yours and I'm not entirely happy with either one, so I'm still looking for the keeper.

I must say, that is a beautiful coin, in every way.

I was so tempted to buy it myself. I think you made a great choice for a seated half dime.