• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's so special about this 1925 Five Zlotych 75% Slilver Polish Coin?

9 posts in this topic

It listed for $65 in XF but I put it on ebay and it is now at $150! What gives? The price guide lie? Why are they so popular?

Thanks for any answers (not that I'm complaining, mind you.)

63459.jpg.6fa4a25385dcc298eaec0ce13f5a1043.jpg

63460.jpg.d0c60ed04618c01e7c571498c730f9c6.jpg

Krause is generally considered a rough suggestion for coin values, it is by no means an up to date pricing guide. Its real value is as an identifier and catalogue. Half the prices in there haven't been updated in ten years.

Thanks for the info, Jason. I kind of assumed that. When I first listed the item I stated the $65 value and someone immediately PM'd and offer me $65 t buy it now. I refused. Good thing, too.

So, why are there so many collectors of Polish coins?

Poland is an extremely hot country right now. Rare coins have exploded in value. I've seen some modern Polish coins in AU sell for 50X unc catalog.

yep..Poland and also the other countries of the "Eastern Bloc"....I am having a tough time winning my bids on any Russian or Ukranian coins too...they are 2-3X what Krause says...

By any chance, is the word "SUPRMA" inscribed on the edge?

RI AL

Yep, it is.It sold for $327! Shocked me!What makes it special? Just a rising interest in Eastern Blocked Countries?