• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Helloooooo! Mr. "Coin Describer"?

14 posts in this topic

Who, me?

:)

Perhaps I am mistaken. Are you now the "Assistant Coin Getter"? If so, would you please forward my question along to the new "Coin Describer"?

Oh, I forgot! I guess your fingers aren't even in any condition to let them do the walking through the Yellow Pages. How are you going to handle the Doritos in those 5-Star restaurants? I guess they'll have to give you a pair of tongs.

Chris

PS. That is a nice Pine Tree Shilling, but I really wish I could afford the '79CC.

The aforementioned "penned writing" was the consignor's secret cost code. It can only be interpreted correctly by those readers who do not have bloody fingers....

Oh! $100? $200? $500?

I thought it may have been the "Office of Economic Emergency".

Chris

Hmmm, it's almost like the rest of us are on the outside looking in... oh wait... it's exactly like that!

We could tell you more, but then Chris would have to kill me.

And, I hate that.

Hmmm, it's almost like the rest of us are on the outside looking in... oh wait... it's exactly like that!

We could tell you more, but then Chris would have to kill me.

And, I hate that.

Nah! I wouldn't kill you, James, but I might take your Doritos away for a year.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to chime in.

Your session has timed out. The psychiatrist will be back tomorrow.

Chris

Almost every dealer whom I have dealt with over the years has some arcane code that they write on labels or envelopes for raw coins. I never have been able to decode most of this dealer shorthand on these labels and probably it is best that I not be able to do so because the code probably reads close to some form of "sucker"!

Okay, stop pulling your hair out. I receive e-mails from Scotsman Auctions via James. The latest features a nice Pine Tree Shilling and a 79CC Morgan.

James describes himself as the "Coin Describer" but he would really like to have Rick Raaf's job (Consignment Getter) so he can travel all over the country, stay at the best accommodations, eat at 5-star restaurants, and party all night long. lol

But for now, he has been working very hard at his current job and is in dire need of some band-aids.

Chris

Maybe they can make a Bud beer commercial about you......

This is to you Mr. Coin Describer.... :D

Speaking on James' behalf, "That's bloody thoughtful of you!"

Chris