• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"The Neanderthal Numismatist - It's Not Your Fault"

8 posts in this topic

In that modern Numismatists have descended from Neanderthals we can release ourselves from the burden of guilt that sometimes overwhelms us; especially after a significant purchase that might stretch our resources.

You see, Neanderthals were by nature hunter / gatherers and it only goes to explain the deep seated desires of the Numismatist to also be a hunter / gatherer. Since food is now readily available we have turned our hunting / gathering skills in another direction.

If Neanderthal could hunt down and kill a wooly mammoth whats to stop a modern Numismatist from hunting down a real MOOSE !

So if you are sometimes plagued by guilt from your choice of hobbies you should release yourselves from the burden and realize it is coded into your genetics... we are hunter / gatherers... it's what we do. It's not your fault.

In that modern Numismatists have descended from Neanderthals we can release ourselves from the burden of guilt that sometimes overwhelms us; especially after a significant purchase that might stretch our resources.

You see, Neanderthals were by nature hunter / gatherers and it only goes to explain the deep seated desires of the Numismatist to also be a hunter / gatherer. Since food is now readily available we have turned our hunting / gathering skills in another direction.

If Neanderthal could hunt down and kill a wooly mammoth whats to stop a modern Numismatist from hunting down a real MOOSE !

So if you are sometimes plagued by guilt from your choice of hobbies you should release yourselves from the burden and realize it is coded into your genetics... we are hunter / gatherers... it's what we do. It's not your fault.

According to all the research I've seen, Cro-Magnon was the hunter/gatherer, and Neanderthal was strictly a hunter. Neanderthal never learned to adapt, to search for other food sources when the hunting was "unfruitful", and that is why they became extinct.

So, it seems that if you are the type of numismatist who just lives for the hunt and doesn't stockpile a hoard of one kind or another, you are doomed to extinction. lol

Chris

apparently I needed to actually do a little research as I just kind of guessed they were hunter/gatherers ;)

Don't worry about it, Tex! I just couldn't let the opportunity go by without comparing the "hunter" numismatist to the Neanderthal. :devil:

Chris