• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found at a local show today (British)

4 posts in this topic

After hanging a few things for my daughter at her new apartment, I decided to head out to the local Bellaire Coin Club summer show. What an excellent day. The item that I am really most pleased with is a copy of Pecks Reference on Copper/Bronze/Tin coinage in the British Museum, in nice condition. But I also found a decent coin, an 1887 Florin in NGC PF65, some light hazy white tone on the obverse, brilliant reverse and with quite good cameo contrast although not noted on the holder.

1887JHFlorinPF65OBV.jpg

1887JHFLorinPF65REV.jpg

That is a 50th Jubilee Victoria Florin and is a nice find in the condition that your coin is in. A PF65 Victoria Florin which is certified in that condition is a real find. I would love to find one like it because I collect florins from Victoria and Edward VII. NGC has only certified a few old head, Victoria Florins in MS grade and almost no proofs, (8) to be exact in PF65 with only 4 higher. Cameo proofs are even scarcer.