• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now this is TONING

11 posts in this topic

nice! it looks like "candy paint". or it kinda looks like a tie die i did when i was lil :) always love to see your toys :)

nicely toned Silver Dollar also woodjeff...could we see a closer pic of the blade logo???

This is a dealers image, I was doing research on the one I picked up at a local gun show about 5 years ago and captured theirs. What I know, it’s a Silver Dollar Brand (stamped on the bolster), 5 ½ inch trapper style made in Solingen, Germany. I do believe the blade was heat treated to turn it like that, but it looks just like toning. According to the guy who sold it to me, it has a bone handle and they originally sold for about $35. It came slightly used with no box or pamphlet so I haggled it for $25 bucks. Nice knife, I will never use it, these are for display only.

I just realized, the SigSaur pistol is also made in Germany!