• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: New NGC Holder

Will you send in your NGC coins to be reholdered in the "new and improved" NGC holder?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Will you send in your NGC coins to be reholdered in the "new and improved" NGC holder?

13 posts in this topic

I only have one coin that would be appropriate for the new holder, and it is already in one. The only problem is that it is missing some of the edge lettering. lol

Chris

PS. Hi, guys! I'm glad to see someone stuck around here. I was getting so bored that I went back and read some of the threads 2002-2006. The only problem was that most of the photos are gone. I will say that is one of the reasons why I like my ACDSee program. I don't need a hosting service and they remain in the post for as long as I want.

I may send in some of my NGC coins to be reholdered, but I think I will want to see them first before I send them all.

I see no reason to re-holder anything. Except for consistency it seems like spending money for little in return.

I just won an 1818/7 CBH that I cannot use in my registry unless I send it in to be attributed as a Small 8 variety. Therefore, I may as well send in a bunch to be attributed, and holdered in the new holders. :grin:

There are two reasons why I re-holder coins.

1. The coin is clearly under graded, and it is a slam dumk for a higher grade and there is money to be made.

2. The holder is so scrached up thatI can't stand looking at it.

So far re-holdering coins because the slab company changed the look of their holder, that's like a dog chasing its tail. It's a waste of time. And for a human chasing your tail is waste of money.

what if they find a flaw in the new holder and redesign it again?

Reholder it again and again?

why no definite date for the new holder?

awaiting more submission to finish their current stock of holders?

what about our present submission already in NGC? Could we ask them to wait till the new holder is launched before slabbing it?

for me it's simply a matter of re-holdering about a dozen that have some nice edge lettering that I'd like to be visible....and maybe one of them I'll get a regrade and reholder ( I think NGC messed up giving this coin an AU58 when it is an MS65 of a weakly struck issue--the grader may not know much about old German States coinage)

needed to vent off some air in the last post...

for the past few months, dealing with a number of american companies including XXC made me more tired and dejected in the sense that I get better treatment from asian companies even if I'm just a small consumer

now I kinda understand why so many asian senior collectors simply refuse to hand over their collection for grading

There are two reasons why I re-holder coins.

1. The coin is clearly under graded, and it is a slam dumk for a higher grade and there is money to be made.

2. The holder is so scrached up thatI can't stand looking at it.

So far re-holdering coins because the slab company changed the look of their holder, that's like a dog chasing its tail. It's a waste of time. And for a human chasing your tail is waste of money.

Witht he recent counterfiet slab scare, i can see a lot of poeple wanting to get the latest style holder. Under normal circumstances, though, I'm with you--only reholder those slabs that need it, along with all the Early US lettered edge coins.