• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBAY seller help

6 posts in this topic

Okay, I bought this coin from a seller in belgium, after I won the auction (on sunday) ive sent him 3 emails through ebay about the item's shipping. I told him that I would pay more if he could get it insured, he hasnt even sent any message back acknowledging my messages.Also in the message, I asked how long it should take (since he is in Europe) Am I inclined to purchase it if he hasnt answered my question? I offered to pay for the listing amount if he cannot get it insured.

Over the last four years, I have purchased a few hundred medals from sellers in France, Spain, Belgium and England. It is very difficult for them to purchase insurance on mail shipments, so many sellers do not offer that as an option. In the future, this is a question you should ask the seller beforehand.

Expect that it should take 10-14 days to receive your order.

Chris

My experience as a seller is that USPS insurance is generally limited to $45 when mailing outside the US. I use private insurance and ship registered mail. Most likely, foreign postal services have similar limitations.

I have purchased a number of coins from Europe and I have only had one coin go astray. The seller did send me another coin to makeup for my loss. Now, I bid on his coins every time he lists something.

Hi from the UK :hi:

the postal services over this side of the pond are "pants" it is a nightmare to get international signed for Etc.. and the insurance can be only up to £500 :cry:

also using couriers is a mine field as there are hundreds of prohibited items .. coins being one !!!