• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 reverse of 2007 1 ounce silver pieces

7 posts in this topic

Though I'm not a collector of U.S. modern stuff, (some nice stuff to be sure...I just love obsolete type material) the 2008/ 2007 reverse silver ounce has me watching prices. I would like to add one of those to my collection. I have noted a slow downward price movement in Coin World and there are tons of them on E-Bay. Anyone want to offer their thoughts on what the "stable" price will be and how long it will take to reach it?

RI AL :wishluck:

I suspect anywhere between 300 and 500 for raw coins and I know this is a big spread but there is still a lot of time left to determine exactly who is going to collect these and what they will be willing to pay.

Currently the coin is readily available, all you need to decide is what you want to pay for it now. Given the fact that nearly all of them fall in the MS67 to MS70 grading arena, they're all fairly equal appearance wise.

So, at this point in time, its anybodies guess but one thing I know for sure is that if all are accounted for and all are collected (i.e. no loss through attrition), then the coin could be considered "common" and demand "common" prices. For prices to rise significantly, a lot more than 47,000 folks would have to "want" one and be willing to pay that significant premium.

While they were new, the prices were extremely hot but demand appears to be cooling off and prices appear to be leveling out.

Thanks for your thoughts, guys. I think I'll wait a bit and see if the prices continue to drop.

One of the "new" mint products I ordered were the Botanical Gardens sets direct from the mint at issue price. I sold them off within weeks at a hefty profit but notice now that they have settled down considerably over the years.

Then there was the Whitehouse dollar (or half dollar...I can't remember) I ordered those from the mint too and within months sold them off, again for a nice profit. These were up to $80+ if I remember correctly so I dumped mine. I think they can be had far more reasonably now.

I have to give credit to Coin World for alerting me to these 2 purchases. They said that mintages would be low...so I took a chance...and did pretty well. So I will just wait out the wave for the 2008/7 reverse coin and see what it drops to.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

RI AL

Thanks for your thoughts, guys. I think I'll wait a bit and see if the prices continue to drop.

One of the "new" mint products I ordered were the Botanical Gardens sets direct from the mint at issue price. I sold them off within weeks at a hefty profit but notice now that they have settled down considerably over the years.

Then there was the Whitehouse dollar (or half dollar...I can't remember) I ordered those from the mint too and within months sold them off, again for a nice profit. These were up to $80+ if I remember correctly so I dumped mine. I think they can be had far more reasonably now.

I have to give credit to Coin World for alerting me to these 2 purchases. They said that mintages would be low...so I took a chance...and did pretty well. So I will just wait out the wave for the 2008/7 reverse coin and see what it drops to.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

RI AL

What did the Botanical Gardens Set sell for originally and if I may be so bold, what did you sell yours for?

19lyds

I don't recall the original offering price of the Botanical gardens sets from the mint. I would guess between $30 and $40 because I don't spend lots on modern issues.

I sold them for between $260 and $290 each. Their sale gave me a little "coin show" money.

RI AL