• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Registry accepting PCGS Genuine coins???

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the NGC registry is allowing you to include PCGS genuine coins? Thanks.

Any coin in a PCGS slab is accepted in the NGC Registry. It might take a day or two to be authenicated.

I think the OP is referring to the new PCGS slabs with no grade, just a "genuine" designation. These probably will NOT be allowed in the registry since there is no way to score them.

I think the OP is referring to the new PCGS slabs with no grade, just a "genuine" designation. These probably will NOT be allowed in the registry since there is no way to score them.

Possibly. I guess it depends on the definition of "genuine". I took it to mean a verifiable coin in a PCGS slab as opposed to say " Brilliant Uncirculated". etc.

PCGS' new Genuine tier allows problem coins to be accepted and encapsulated with simply "Genuine" on the holder. No grade, just "Genuine." It's meant for rarities that would otherwise not be gradeable by PCGS, since the service is $100.

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I was referring to the new "PCGS Genuine" service. PCGS is allowing these coins to be added to their registry with a value of 1, even though they are technically "no grades." It is meant to cover the nearly impossible to find graded rarities so that people can complete their sets. As PCGS is allowing them, I am wondering what NGC's response will be? And if NGC does allow them, what about their own no grades from NCS? hmm...

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I was referring to the new "PCGS Genuine" service. PCGS is allowing these coins to be added to their registry with a value of 1, even though they are technically "no grades." It is meant to cover the nearly impossible to find graded rarities so that people can complete their sets. As PCGS is allowing them, I am wondering what NGC's response will be? And if NGC does allow them, what about their own no grades from NCS? hmm...

Thanks for the info. I would either go to the "ASK NGC" forum or call them.

I've been wondering the same thing myself. Great question.

One that I'm curious to learn the answer to.

:popcorn: